Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Intensive care

I noticed that the mikan in my backyard has all its leaves eaten up by locusts last year... poor thing just sits there like a naked stick now.

So I made a little cage for it with netting, hoping that it keeps the hungry bugs out at least until it gets big enough to afford being chewed on.

Get well soon

Here is a picture of the mikan plot by the way. The ground cover is getting thicker now. Looks good at least for now.

If this works ok, I will just have to copy it a couple more times

Oh... and last night my black chicken died so I buried it this morning. It had been sick for 2-3 days. The other chicks noticed it was sick at the same time as I did, and they started attacking her real viciously. So I separated her from the others and kept her in a private cage with water and food in shade. I figured that even if she won't recover from illness, she doesn't have to be picked to death. She ate a little bit and tried moving around a little but those 2-3 days in her own cage she mostly sat and stared.

Rest in peace. Thanks for all the eggs. I hope you had a nice life in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment