Tuesday, March 2, 2021

2 rows done

Finally the second row is also done, and I went ahead and put in the rest of the seeds and a little bit of fertilizer (About 10 kg that I mixed with lots of soil and spread on top of the seeds)

Later I also removed the net...

The day after I put in the seeds it rained all day, and the day after that was sunny and nice. I guess it is a good start. It didn't seem like birds are interested in the seeds so I took away the netting too. We'll see how it goes.
Next step is to order my nitrogen fixer flowers and bushes and put in there, and after that, finally I can plant fruit saplings.
Based on my calculations, I should be able to fit in 6 trees in each row.
The master painter strikes again

The green pea icons are supposed to indicate nitrogen fixers. Goumi, something else, Comfrey and Lupines. I'm thinking 3 Goumi, 2 something else (I was gonna get Buffaloberries but cannot find them in Japan. Only one place sold them but it is sold out), and then fill in with Comfrey and Lupines in between.
Oh, and today I saw the year`s first bamboos (6 of them) coming out of the ground to the north of my north wall, which I happily kicked to oblivion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment