Sunday, December 24, 2017

Size does matter

Egg rainbow
Hmm, not sure but I think maybe one more chicken has started laying eggs.
Big Momma's eggs get bigger and bigger by the day. Actually this morning I found an egg in the nest which for the first time does not fall through the refrigerator's egg holder holes. Hooray!!!
The egg I found was still warm so I assume B.M. laid it early morning.
Last night when I went to close the coop door I almost stepped on an egg when I entered the run. The egg was dirty and I thought "how odd, B.M. always lays her eggs in the nest. Maybe she couldn't hold it in or something." it was not too small, but it was smaller than the previous ones, which I also found odd if it was B.M.'s. That is why I suspect last night's egg must be the first egg of one of the other chickens. Maybe the Gigantor's (The white-brown one who has grown real huge).
Anyway, hooray if it is so, then I shall pick more than one egg a day, but maybe need to search for the second one for a while until the layer learns what the nest is for. Hooray also for B.M.'s eggs finally becoming fridge-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment