Sunday, February 25, 2018

Backyard preparations

So the date has been decided for the construction guys to level the backyard slope. Next Saturday they should be finished with everything. Last weekend they came by and measured with their laser thingie and dug a bit and roped in the area.
Men at work
I stood by worrying all the time that they would be knocking over one of my saplings...
Horizontal ropes show outline of where the 3 walls will be
The whole area looks so sad with all the dead grass. Of course it is winter, and as soon as the walls are up I will be planting flowers and shit I imagine, to make it look pretty.
I guess this will be the "Before" picture of the slope
I started removing a row of tiles form the backyard, to allow the soft and thick grass which I like to expand further in. Eventually I want to replace the tiles with grass. This type of grass is green all year long at seems. The tiles don't look so good, plus the base under them is not all flat it seems so when I walk on them they wiggle a lot. Also when it rains small puddles form in certain areas and gets real messy.
Backyard minus 1 row of tiles
I filled in the line where the tiles had been with soil so that the grass roots could get in there. It is pretty much clay under the tiles otherwise.
Backyard plus 1 row worth of soil
Let's give it some time and see what comes out. Also spent the whole Sunday cutting ALL of the mini bamboos on the front slope. I got all the tiny ones and big ones. I hope their roots rot in hell. Especially tough was the area between the bushes. I kind of started wanting to just cut the bushes too but I want to allow one more season to see what the bushes actually are. So far I am not impressed. They better give me something real pretty in spring or summer if they want to be kept.
I challenge you to find any mini bamboos here
It just hit me, all pictures of my garden are more brown that green....
Those tiles on the right side of the picture above are the same I removed from the backyard by the way. I will continues making a path between the raised beds like that, after a couple of rains they should be cleaner and more red than brown. 
Anyway, next I will continue flattening the bump in front of the green net.
See all the mini bamboos on the left half? That is what the right side looked like before
The mini bamboos on the bump will not be cut but will be pulled out with roots and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment