Monday, February 12, 2018

Fixing stuff

Got my thumb out, finally, and fixed the last part of the net surrounding my garden, so now Tora can be safe. Or the world can be safe from him.
the net is now much higher. Also note 2 compost containers
Also finished the pipework around the chicken coop. All rain water is gathered and led to one spot now. I only have to figure out what to do with all that water. Maybe a mini pond for the chickens? Or perhaps a swale?
I also signed the contract to put up 3 levels with concrete retainers in the backyard where the big slope is. The guy who was here told me I don't even have to cut down all the trees on top. In fact he said it is better to keep them as they help keeping the ground together. Of course I knew that but I thought that was the whole idea with retaining walls, to not need the trees.
I am not a big fan of those trees. On top of requiring maintenance they also cast a huge shade over all of the garden.
Nothing can grow in this darkness
We shall see. Maybe I only cut down half of them. Or maybe I cut them down to half size.
I also managed to drop one of the eggs form the incubator when I was turning it. It landed softly on the cushion but still when I candled it I spotted a big crack.
There is life inside though...
It wasn't leaking or anything so I used some candle wax to seal the crack and put it back. All the eggs are being incubated as an experiment anyway so lets chance it.
Will any of them hatch?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment