Thursday, February 15, 2018

Good evening

Spent a couple of hours carefully removing dirt from a high place and try to even out the garden a bit, as planned earlier. Didn't get far because I had to be very careful and slow due to my back still aching from the crash.
I did clean out the slope next to the front gate from bamboo leaves. Basically cut everything bamboo that was above ground. Really hope the roots give up, but probably not because the rhizomes are real long and also run under the neighbor's plot so as far as the neighbor has some bamboo leaves above ground the roots will get energy to sprout leaves in my plot.
Best is to just plant stuff there and cut the bamboo shoots once in a while.
Also there was a bit of empty dirt plot near the front door where I have now spread lots of oat seeds, so Tora can chew grass when he is out.
The retaining walls on slope of backyard will probably be done around end of February.
Also, I am thinking about replacing all the tiles around the house with small rocks. Maybe.
Before I started
After, the shadows indicate a few hours passed
I covered the dirt I moved to even out the ground with black plastic mulch sheet to avoid it getting all dried up and sandy. This is just the beginning before my back pain got to much. The idea is to remove everything in the strip to the left of what I started and spread it over the garden below to gain more land area so to say.
When I am done, probably the compost barrel to the left will be buried in 10 cm more ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment