Tuesday, February 27, 2018

PONDering

I am thinking about putting in a tiny pond somewhere in the garden...
So far there are 3 possible places a pond can be put in without too much problems.
One is right next to the chicken run, there is a 2x2 meter spot that is not used.. I could lead the rain water from the coop there. But maybe chickens would eat any tiny life forms that want to live in the pond (such as insects, frogs etc)
The other place is somewhere between the saplings area and the backyard slope. I could use the 3 levels that will be put there to create nice tiny waterfalls and stuff. Maybe put a little solar pump there too and some fish?
The third place is next to the bushy area, near the compost bins.
I could remove the right half of the bushes and put a pond there instead.
Not sure yet... maybe no pond at all.
The question is what I want it for. Originally I was thinking of having fish there, but keeping fish in such tiny pond means no insects or frogs, it is just nice to look at but I also have to handle filtering and lots of other crap. So I am leaning towards a no-fish pond.
I definitely want the pond to be inhabited by frogs and dragonflies. Not sure if it is possible to have both... I have seen native frogs and dragonflies a lot where we live so they should just come if there is a pond. Let's investigate and think a bit more and see what comes out.

By the way, my back pain is not better. I went to the clinic again today and asked to see a different doctor. This one was the youngest so far, looked 14.
After the accident, the first doctor I saw in Chiba was in his 50s. The second one I saw was maybe 40. The third one before this one was real young, early 30s at most. And now this one.
All of them worked the same way. This one also scrolled as quick as he could through my scans and said nothing is broken, take some pills and get better please. When I told him I want to fix what is wrong rather than living with pills, and that I have taken pills for 3 weeks already, and asked him how long more I should expect this pain, he shrugged and said I dunno, these kind of injury usually take up to 2 months to get better. But that it varies from person to person. He also said that if I don't take pills my brain will eventually get used to the pain, and I will not notice the signs my body is giving me. (Uh... yeah right)
Interesting was that he didn't even check my back, or legs or anything. I just told him I was in pain, sitting on a chair. No examination.
He gave me more and stronger pills, and when I kept pushing him that I can't keep waiting with the pain, he said he would put me up for rehabilitation to do some exercises to get better faster.
Hmm... so he normally wants the patients to get better slowly, so he doesn't suggest them to do rehabilitation by himself? Weird.
Anyway, I went to the rehabilitation and got more attention and they listened to me more than all the 4 doctors put together. I will do the things they suggested and go there again next week.
If nothing gets better, I will go there and ask to see a different doctor. Just hope next one is not an infant.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment