Monday, February 12, 2018

Car accident

OK, so it has not been much activity. Only thing I did is to paint the inside of the coop where I saw mold had started to grow.
And the reason for me not doing much is that I could not. Too much pain. And the pain is because I got hit by a car.
I was riding my bicycle straight and the car was coming from opposite direction, and making a turn cutting in front of my path so to say. Luckily my speed was low as I was done checking for cars at the intersection, and had just started to ride the bike when the car came from nowhere and hit me on my right. His speed must have been high to appear so sudden and he didn't slow down for the turn, but only when he was about to hit me.
The bike was mangled, and I was super lucky to get away with bleeding knee (I used to be so good at gardening, then I took an arrow to the knee...), and bruised back and hands and legs.
Chika helped a lot with calling the police (they were completely useless as usual though) and the ambulance. Had to walk with crutches for a few days.Took copious number of MRI, X-ray and CT-scans, and the doctor said there was no fractures or broken things inside.
Amazing though how they can say that after literally glancing at the image for 1 second. Scary as shit. I kept asking though, if nothing is broken or there isn't even a hair thin fracture, how come I have so much pain? And they kept saying that I am just sore and it should be fine after a couple of weeks.
But I do recognize sore, and this is not sore. This is deep in the nerves and bones. Something is very off. I will wait for a month with the pain killers as they say and hope that it will heal itself. I really hope they are right.
Still wearing a back support because it hurts too much without it. Took a week off from work to be able to move. Today when I took the train to work I was in constant pain for the whole ride. No matter if I sit or stand, it hurt extra as it moved about.

No comments:

Post a Comment