Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Post typhoon forest

I took a stroll to the forest early in the morning after the typhoon. On my way there I could see many trees had fallen down and houses were messed up and people were out cleaning and fixing their homes and the streets. So I feared the worst. Actually kind of hoped the worst, something like wouldn't it be nice if all the trees in my plot had fallen down so I didn't have to cut them myself...?
When I arrived in the woods, the path leading to the forest plots had become blocked by fallen trees.
First glance. My untouched plot is in the back on the left side 
A closer look
I had to walk to the other side by stepping into the Mr. O's flat field. I'm sure he doesn't mind.
From the other side
So now I was getting hopeful. 25 cedar trees in my "bamboo" plot. Surely half should be down?
Broken trees
Of course, I was also thinking that with all the bamboos and the other trees so tight together, the typhoon must have turned into a pretty weak wind. So only the trees in the edges are fallen. Not in areas protected by bamboo groves...Anyway, moving on...
Oh no... the path cleareth
Just as I suspected. Deeper inside the woods the trees had been protected. I passed my "untouched" plot, and then Mr. O's fruit forest plot (well he just planted 4-5 saplings this year)
My bamboo plot is straight ahead
Hmm... looks like all the cedar trees were still standing
Some crap in the path, but the plot itself is pretty clean
Yep, all the trees are still there.
The trees weren't even half the width of some of the trees I saw broken on my way there. The wind simply didn't reach them here. Maybe another good sign that it's a good place to plant trees. Or maybe once I have cleaned out the surroundings, it will become exposed and vulnerable. Who knows. I should keep a balance I suppose.
Bamboos
The remnants of the shredder were still there as I had left them. The bamboos I had gathered in the north were all there still, more or less. Only now there are more because some had fallen over from north side plot. Oh well I was gonna cut those down anyway.
Froggy still here
That's it. On my way back to the path I saw many of these green tiny frogs in my bamboo plot. Plus a few of these green bugs that I don't know what it is.
Looks like a civilized cockroach
I hope either the city or Mr. O clears the path next to his plot soon...
Mr. O's plot
Right now it's pretty tough to pass... demotivating especially for a lazy ass such as myself.
I don't dare walking near those
To conclude, here is an attempt to "panorama" the blockage...
Photogenic.
Panning to left a bit
And more...
Turning around...
...end of panorama swipe



No comments:

Post a Comment