Monday, September 30, 2019

Tidying up more

I had trouble sleeping cause I kept thinking about one tree in my other forest plot that had broken during the typhoon and it had fallen over on Mr. O's plot.
He just showed it to me in passing and said he wasn't really doing anything in that plot anyway so I didn't have to hurry removing it. It has now been there more than 3 weeks, and every time I pass it I kinda feel guilty.
The broken tree
Zoom in where it has fallen
It is pretty heavy, and some of its branches have dug themselves deep into the ground as it fell, so it is pinned down properly in place. My excuse so far had been that I didn't have a chainsaw etc but that doesn't work anymore.
So, in the morning, armed with my brand new Husky chainsaw I went to see what could be done.
Me in my lumberjack gear
The chainsaw cut nice and smooth like knife in butter. It felt great. I cut the trunk up in smaller bits and dragged them away to my plot. Actually used them to mark the border better.
Trunk, divided
I hope Mr. O gets happy when he sees his plot is cleaned.
Tidy

No comments:

Post a Comment