Monday, September 23, 2019

Trashland

I did order a Husqvarna chainsaw and it arrived just before the weekend. So armed with that and all ready to deal with the fallen trees blocking the path to my plots, I headed to the woods.
Just to see this.
Well what a nice surprise
The trees had all been cleared off and the path nice and clean. Well somewhat. "Great!" I thought and continued further to see if they had cleaned the path all the way to my bamboo site.
Before I got there though, looking closer at my plot on the left, I noticed something..
Ah come on!
Whoever the kind soul was who had cleared the path, had dumped ALL the trees into my plot. Just a nice impossible-to-sort heap of trees. I can't even go in there anymore. And those weird angles they are lying at, and the high places they are, I wouldn't dare challenge with my chainsaw. I think they cut down 2 trees inside my plot at most. One of them was already an old broken tree maybe only 4-5 meters tall. But the rest of the garbage they dumped in my land are the huge trees that fell from the land on the right side, all the trees along the path were nicely cut down and moved into my plot.
Asked around a little and it turned out the owner of the land where all those trees had been asked some company to clear the path, and that company apparently just found it very convenient to use my land as garbage dump.
So I continued asking around and got his name (Let's call him I.-san), found where he lives and walked there and knocked but there was no one home. Anyway, tried a couple of times later and at night when it got dark he was home. So I introduced myself, thanked him for clearing the path and explained the situation to him. He said he had asked the company located right next door, apologized and said he will go to the site tomorrow to have a look and will then ask the company to take the garbage somewhere else. I got his number and gave him mine just to be sure.
The 2 following days I was working in my plot but didn't see anyone come look at anything so I may need to remind him if nothing happens in a week or two...
So...back to the path. It was actually clear all the way to my bamboo land so I got to do some work.
Almost impossible to know there was a typhoon

No comments:

Post a Comment