Monday, September 23, 2019

The ring of fire

The bamboo plot is pretty overgrown with huge weeds, and nowhere to access the middle part where I had "reserved" for burning things. Also the typhoon had messed up my nice pile of bamboo in the north, as well as added a few more bamboos that had fallen over from the next door plot. So the first thing to do was to clear all that and make a path to the middle.
Spent one day cutting and cleaning the typhoon bamboos that were just hanging in dangerous angles, and put them on top of the pile in north. Also removed a lot of weeds and more bamboos that were lying on the ground and made a path to the middle.
facing south. Can almost distinguish the round fire area in the middle
facing north looking at the bamboo pile
And the next day it was suppose to rain. So I figured it would be perfect to make a fire. Instead, it turned out to be one of the hottest sunniest days this month, with no rain whatsoever. I made a tiny fire and started burning bamboo.
Just a few minutes in
While it burned, I worked moving bamboos around a bit and removing more weeds and widening paths. I burned bamboo for 3 hours before I felt I am about to pass out from the sun. So I put out the fire and went home.
An hour or so later

No comments:

Post a Comment