Sunday, March 8, 2020

Get ready for the hoe

Leasing company called and said everything is fine and that I can borrow mini backhoe any day I want. Originally I wanted to borrow 1 day and see how it goes but it costs extra to bring the machine to my plot and back. So if I borrow 1 day it would cost 28000, while for 2 days it would be an additional 7000, i.e. 18000 per day. It felt like I would save money to go for the whole weekend so I did. So after work I spent a couple of hours of remaining daylight to get the plot ready for arrival of the backhoe.
Moved all the branches neatly to the front
Basically it meant making space as much as possible along the north side to dig a trench and to dig out roots.
Now only if I could get that pesky pile of bamboo out of the way
The bamboo that I had strategically piled up were not going to be in the way. There is more than enough space behind it to the north for backhoe to pass and dig. But I would eventually move that whole pile out of the way someday so I started doing that too...
started removing bamboo from the pile
Looking at the map, my plot is rectangle shaped, with a bit (3-4 meter deep) protruding in one corner. That is where I have moved all the branches but there is still space left in the part that sticks out. I will initially be using the rectangle part, and keep things in the triangle that sticks out. I measured the main rectangle, allowing a couple of meters on the sides for margins, and it is 30 meters wide, and 27 meters deep (depth distance between north side and south side)
Pile moved to protruding bit
I am thinking if I plant citrus trees, I should be able to have 7 rows, 1 meter wide each. And more than 2.9 meters between the rows, i.e. around 4 meters distance between the tree trunks.
This is what I imagine it would be like
I drew a few trees with orange circles in the map. Rows are green and paths between rows are brown. 
More or less ready for the hoe

No comments:

Post a Comment