Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Chipping fun

A new day, a fixed shredder and lots of bamboo. It was another sunny day.
My workstation. Ready to go!
Not much to say about it...it has to be experienced. It was extremely loud but satisfying at the same time. I had my ears, eyes, mouth and nose protected and kept feeding thin bamboos and cleaning the output whenever it started getting clogged.
Chips ahoy!
Gradually the area close to the chipper started to become clearer as I removed the thinner bamboo and shredded them. Now I could only see the thicker ones left. Still not decided what to do about those. Either burn them, or let them decay, or cut them down into smaller pieces and feed those into the shredder.
A little bit cleaner
I tried feeding different things into the shredder just to see what kind of sound they made. Softer things like big bamboo shoots I found, or leafs etc etc.
Me in action
The chips and crap around the shredder started piling up, and formed a tiny hill
Chip hill
And a little time later, the hill had become a mountain
Chip mountain
Eventually I ran out of fuel, just in time to feel that the shredder was not cutting the wood as quickly as before. I guess the teeth were getting dull. Good timing.
I went home and ordered a new set of teeth for my baby shredder. And while waiting, I will do more "flattening" and home gardening I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment