Monday, April 15, 2019

The flattening continues

So far so good. I am on schedule, based on THE PLAN.
A couple of days more and I have flattened the whole plot. After that, I will be sorting the bamboo into 3 groups.
Picture taken from Mr. K's side. Just a little bit un-flattened left to the right
One group which I will place near the shredder is the thinnest bamboos up to maybe 10-12 cm thick, which can all be turned into chip and mixed with the soil later on.
Picture taken from Mr. O's side
Another group which is a complete nuisance is the tiny tine side branches which I have been cutting off. They are too tiny and stiff to be shredded, and keep getting stuck in the machine if I put them in. If I leave them on the ground, I keep stumbling and getting stuck in them when I walk, and they will probably take real long to decompose thanks to their tininess. I shall spread them in the strip of land to the north which is owned by 200 people or so, and where the bamboo poachers keep entering.
The last group is the thickest bamboos, which are too big for the shredder. I can stack them along the north side, or even better put them in the north strip on top of the side branches to rot in due time...
That whole north strip with its bamboos is just bothersome, and can fall over in my plot whenever, so I shall cut those down and lay them there. Hopefully it will deter people from walking there, and also the new bamboo from growing, plus it will be a kind of natural marker of where my land begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment