Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Fixing the shredder

Armed with a couple of 100 yen shop mini saws, I went to the plot to cut my way through the metal that was blocking the cutters. By the way when I arrived I did notice that Mr. K had dropped off about 20 bamboos in my plot, none of which were green. These are old, toughened brown stuff that are extra hard. They had not decayed but instead gotten more solid with the sun if that makes sense. So no way was I going to put them through the shredder. Here is a pic.
Thanks for the canes.
So I sent him a mail and thanked him for his contribution and asked him to take care of his own bamboos henceforth cause I have already too many myself. He said he will burn them when winter comes and apologized. Anyway... 
It was a sunny day and I spent maybe half an hour sawing till I was halfway through.
It's a very narrow cut so zoom in
I had to change saws at that time because I had already more or less killed the first one to get through so far.
Poor saw. R.I.P.
Another half hour and I was completely spent, but almost there...
Just a couple more millimeters
And at last the final cut was made.
You bad bad piece of metal
After that, I reassembled the shredder and put in oil and fuel, and decided to take a break with the shredding till the next day. Instead I took a walk around the plot to see if there were any other changes. I did find a handful more bamboo shoots which I promptly kicked over thinking "Oh no, you don't!"
And I also noted that the bamboos in the north side had started to bloom and the flowers (and seeds? I don't know) kept falling down in my plot. Definitely have to cut those bamboos down too if I want to keep more bamboos from growing in my land.
I think they bloom only once every few years...

...must be my lucky year
Other than that I saw that the bamboo trunks I had left behind were rotting nicely and in very psychedelic colors
Groovy....

No comments:

Post a Comment