Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The way forward

While waiting for the shredder cutting parts to arrive, I had a long think about future and planned a bit. I guess it is because every time I am in the forest some new old man or woman comes by and starts talking and asking what I will make of the plot. So every time I explain, I make a better version, and I started liking the newer versions in my head more and more, so I thought I should put it to writing.
Standing by
First step I guess will be to make sure the flattening gets finished ASAP. The shredding depends on it and the plot doesn't look so nice when one side of it is still not flat.
Farthest you can see the un-flattened part
The unflattened part from a different angle
It may not look like much but it's actually a lot. I worked 4 hours without break on cutting branches and it had barely changed when I was going home. I think maybe it will take at least 2-3 more weeks till the flattening is done.
I came up with a 15-step plan to reach my goal (or at least the start of my goal), so for future reference, I present to you, THE PLAN.

First I will finish the flattening. Then the thin bamboos have to go into the shredder. That will leave the plot with only the thickest bamboos, and fairly clean. Then I want to put in a small shed with lockable door where the shredder is now, because right now there is just a piece of tarp covering my important tools. Plus I don't want to haul the tools back and forth every day. But before I put a shed there, I have to get rid of that big big tree that is leaning over my and Mr. O's land threatening to fall over with the next mini landslide or typhoon.
I also have to dig out the horrible bamboo roots but before I can do that I have to cut down the sugi trees that are in the way. In the way will also be the thick bamboos which are left over. I have to either burn those or let them rot but they have to be somewhere else, like in the north side, and not in the way.
I also have to get rid of those annoying bamboos in the north that can fall over and kill any saplings or beehives or other things. And also get rid of the equally annoying bamboo shoot hunters. To achieve that I will cut the bamboos, and lay them all along the north side, in the neighboring land. That land is shared owned by like 200 people half of which I assume are not even alive. With enough bamboos laid there, the new shoots will stop emerging, plus it will be dangerous to walk there looking for shoots. The shoot hunters will have to walk on the flat area beyond the slope, which is full of bamboos.
After digging out roots I have to mix in nutrients and stuff to fix the soil PH and what not, if needed.
And after that I will need to put fence around the plot to protect from people and animals. In my plan there was a bit of waiting period with not much to do so I put in "fix road" and "cut weed" and "fix parking" which is good to have.   
The plan with seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment