Monday, October 9, 2017

Finished!

Here I listed the things that are finished.
The gate is ready
gate
I shall plant something sensible on both sides and probably also arrange with fencing... The ugly can be seen on the left side. All the logs and our bicycles now live in the carport.

The coop is ready
coop
It took its sweet time, but finally I made it. Everyone who sees it says the heart is the best part. Not sure if I should take that as an insult or a praise.

The run is ready
chicken run
It only took a day and a half. I burrowed the poles a meter into the ground. Hopefully they will hold...

The chickens are ready
chooks
The four girls arrived on Monday. 2-3 months old and still too shy to come out of the coop. I gave them some grasshoppers which they took immediately. I will try to spend some time with them to get them accustomed to being near people...
The waterer I bought as short term solution, and the feeder is also put together as a short time thing, just a bucket on tray. I will monitor and decide what works well for them.
They are not interested in the roost or the nests it seems... oh well, I will give them time.
I haven't given them names yet.

The eggs are NOT ready
no eggs
Either they are too young or they are still stressed from moving so of course no eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment