Sunday, October 1, 2017

Got a bit lazy

Although I had planned to finish the coop last weekend, somehow I got a bit lazy and still a bit remains....
Maybe I enjoy it so much that I don't want it to end.
What the coop looks like right now
I actually did a lot. Patching is all done, second layer of paint on the roof, and then the wiggly sheet on top for rain. The door and window and the storm door are all done. I did forget the rope which secures the whole thing to the ground, which was supposed to go under the roof wiggly sheet. Whoops. Maybe I can thread it in somehow.
What remains is not much really. Second layer of paint overall, and then detail painting just to make it look nice, putting rubber strip on top part of the roof and also above the nest lid, and door handle. Oh, yeah, and poop board and extra flooring.
All can be done within the week as it is not much. Actually it is gonna be raining tomorrow, so I need to finish the painting and the rubber and rope today...
I grew a bit indecisive about the exterior net and fence... I was just showing the coop to my gal and after I was done she asked where the boundaries of the chicken run would be. When I showed her she immediately reacted "isn't that too small?" so I am thinking to modify my plans a bit, maybe.
Anyway, I have still not found chickens, haha
Also I found some regulations on Chiba government hompage for those who want to keep livestock of any sort or quantity. So I need to go through it and be sure I am OK.
By the way, I did a bit of cleaning up, moved all the logs to the sunny bit in the carport which I don't use for anything else.
The ugly bush is still there...
This way I will get the logs all dried up and nice. In the picture you can also see that the entrance posts have been installed. The gate will arrive next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment