Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Learning to fly

I guess it was just a matter of time... the chicks have started to use their wings and I think they like it. So I probably need to put a net roof over the whole run to keep them from accidentally flying over the fences. Will do it this weekend.

The poop board seems to work:
Feast your eyes on the perfect aim
Once a week I take it out, give it a rinse and voila!, we're back in business. I rinse it with rain water from my tank, and do so near the vegetable garden. Maybe I should put it in compost instead...

After the typhoon most of the vegetables seemed dead but now a couple of days later it seems, maybe thanks to half of them dying, the rest are coming back with even more vigor. Bigger leaves and look real healthy. Maybe it is just a coincidence and now is just the timing for their extra growth, maybe the typhoon thinned out the crowded patch allowing the remaining plants the opportunity to expand...

No comments:

Post a Comment