Sunday, October 1, 2017

Terminator

My neighbor (well actually no one lives there as it is just a big orchard) grows fruit in his land, among others chestnuts, which have started to fall on my land. I gathered them all and cooked them, it was real yummy.
This much and big ones too. Afterwards neither of us had space for dinner.
While walking past my salad patch I saw a praying mantis guarding it against bugs who come to eat the leaves. It does a good job I guess, but they are too many so I still find my lettuces and other greens are half eaten by bugs. Anyway, I took a picture of it and then noticed it was actually preying on a little grasshopper, so I took a couple more pictures while it finished the job. Good mantis! Terminator of the field.
waiting for the right moment
gotcha!
nom nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment