Sunday, April 8, 2018

Backyard planting

Finally on Sunday the weather was nice enough for me to plant the seedlings outside. I learned a lesson that too small seedlings don't have enough roots to keep the soil together so lots of soil from the pot falls apart when moving it too early, no matter how wet you make the soil. This time when I noticed the problem I handled them with delicacy though so I hope they are fine.
the sun is shining, and everything is ready
There was no wind at all. Except of course, as usual, as soon as I try to put mulch or any kind of sheet anywhere, a stupid wind started right at that moment, and stops as soon as I put the sheet away. I was moving the 3 kabocha, and 7 melons to the upper level bed in the backyard. Soil was already fertilized and matured.
All the pots moved into the bed now
I finished by putting a tunnel over the whole thing. This is the longest tunnel I ever put up.
The tunnel of love
The rest of the seedlings are still too small.  Maybe in a couple of weeks I can put them out. Rest of the melons will go to the lower level in the backyard, and peppers, tomatoes, eggplants, cucumbers, string beans and peanuts will go into the beds in the main garden.
Oh, I had also put the new big water tank (500 L) in its place in backyard in case you were wondering what that big black thing in the pictures is.
Still need to make a shade for it, and connect it to the roof pipe
The good thing about this point is that I can use gravity to water my whole garden. Also it is pretty close to the pipe coming down from the roof half that is not led to a tank yet. I put a bit of thought into its placement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment