Monday, April 16, 2018

Nursery

It is a mystery... when I started my pots I had 3 different sorts of tomato seeds, and sowed them in maybe 70% of the pots. Now that the seeds have germinated I can only find like 1 tomato seedling. What happened to the rest of them?
Tiny Chubby looks like a giant compared to the seedlings
Maybe the other sorts were not green color but purple like the eggplants. I dunno, I guess I should be happy if I get any tomatoes. "To prune or not to prune" will be my tough decision.
You can guess what her next pose was...
I got string beans and peanuts seedlings coming out so fast now. They have outgrown many other seeds already. The melons are coming along fine too. The melons I planted outside are barely hanging on though... I guess because their roots where damaged when I moved them too early and the soil fell apart around them.
Please gain more weight soon Chubby
Chubby is home and at least eats and drinks a little. She is still very bony and gets daily injections of nutrients. Her kidney medicine she doesn't touch, so I am of course worried. But she suffers so much from the stress if I force feed her the medicine so I try to trick her into lapping a little from time to time. I am not letting her go out in the garden even if she really seems to want it. I just want her to be normal again...

No comments:

Post a Comment