Monday, April 16, 2018

Come on broad beans

They have been so tough and survived many difficulties, so imagine my joy when I saw a couple of mini beans starting to form from the flowers.
They are still very small
But here comes the next challenge. And it could be a killer. It is getting hot and the bugs are starting to stick their ugly heads out from everywhere... Here I spotted many many many aphids on the stems and around the leafs and flowers....well pretty much everywhere.
Big aphid right in the center of the picture
I also spotted some spider like mutation in the middle of the aphid refugee camp...
The spider mutant is inside the flower pointing to the left
I don't want to spray chemicals or even pepper so I tried to "introduce" a bunch of ants to my plants. Of course the ants instead of hunting the aphids started to chew on the leafs and carry away bites home with them.
Thanks a lot stupid ant
For now I just shake the aphids off the plants and hope they get eaten by something else. But if I see the beans are dying, I guess I have to start with pepper spray. Tabasco?

No comments:

Post a Comment