Monday, April 16, 2018

Photo Op

The sun was out so I took the opportunity to get rid of some weeds. The covered beds and the main area don't have much growing in them. However, I did find this weed sticking out from one of the covered beds.
Sneaky potato
I guess that has to now become my potato bed...
I remembered also that my previous picture of the peach/cherry pictures wasn't easy to look at, so I got rid of all the weeds growing in that particular patch. This is the result:
Much cleaner now
With the weeds gone, I actually could spot a rose plant that I didn't know was there at all... There were a few herbs and stuff in the patch, but since I didn't put them there they had to be sacrificed. I would not dare eat them anyway. Next to be de-weeded was the strawberry patch. With the tunnel temporarily removed there was a rare opportunity to take a picture.
Strawberries minus weeds
I also hand pollinated the strawberry flowers, before putting back the tunnel. This patch started with 4 tiny plants.
The bamboo grass is starting to come back where I cut them before. It is a real pain in the ass. Generally I think weeds and the bugs are the main problems in the garden. The bugs hopefully will be reduced with the chickens and the pond up to speed. But the weeds, well even if I got rid of all the weed in the garden, the neighboring forest still has their roots so they keep coming back... hell.
More on the weeds later.

No comments:

Post a Comment