Sunday, April 8, 2018

Growth update

Just a quick one. There is so much flowers and stuff coming out and I see new things every day. The tree next to the kitchen which I did not know what it is.. now I know it has nice flowers.
they look like this
I looked it up and apparently it is called "Hanamizuki" in Japanese (Sounds like "tree of runny nose"), a.k.a. Cornus Florida. In more useful news: The corn and the sunflowers are coming along.
A couple of weeds trying to sneak by with the corn but I killed them
I will have to thin out the sunflowers soon and keep the best ones.
All the trees including the peach and cherry tiny trees are blossoming and leaves exploding everywhere from the branches. I remove the leaves that are at the base of branches though.
peach is on the right with the couple of pink flowers
And I finally after a hard winter got confirmation that the walnut is still alive. Yeay! Of course the other one still looks as dead as when it arrived.
Walnut lives
I am concerned about having one walnut tree though. 15 years from now, I will still not get any walnuts if it doesn't self pollinate. I heard it is normal that they miss their own period... So I may have to save pollen and manually pollinate the flowers.... or? Maybe get another type and plant it nearby.
But tree-wise the garden is already crowded. Imagine all these saplings getting to their full size. There won't be room to walk anywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment