Sunday, July 9, 2017

Constant workout

Living in a two story house means at least going up and downstairs on a regular basis. Especially if you have no special arrangement in where you put things, and have to go from room to room and switch floor all the time, like me. I guess I will loose some weight that way. My hands and feet still hurt from all the work and the walking indoors.

This weekend, we had almost packed up everything, and had now time to start thinking what more needs to be done. The couch and the dinner table we bargained at the furniture show also arrived, and with the cat tree also up and assembled, the big living dining room is almost full.

I also finished painting the bed, and also put some deodorizing and dehumidifying mats under the mattress. Let's give it a chance and see how it turns out. I will let air in as often as possible, and turn the mattress upside down on weekends so it gets lots of sun. If that doesn't clean the mattress from old remains of the mold, in worst case, I will just throw the bed out too...

The repairmen came and fixed the holes in the washroom floor with cement, and put in new flooring over it. It looks super nice now. Apparently every time the previous owner came out of shower he dripped lots of water right on the bathroom entrance floor and that over time had created a couple of holes.
They also took the bathroom door with them to replace its window as it has a hole where steam gets out. It should be back sometime this week. With the door in place, I will get a big and proper water sucking mat and we shall avoid similar holes...

Last night, a cat was sitting in the garden outside of our house, just next to the huge glass doors, looking in, and that of course upset our cats extremely so 3 A.M. we woke up from the angry hissing and super loud mewing of the cats on both sides of the door, and their patting at each other (or at the door at least). Sigh! I threw a cup of water over the outside cat and that seemed to scare it off. Then I pulled the shutters all the way down and closed them so that the cats won't have to see outside cats in the middle of night. Shame, it is a very nice scenery in the moonlight which I am sure my cats were enjoying a lot until the wild cat came along.

Now that fencing in the entire property is not an option, I will have to think out a way to fence in at least a portion of the garden, to prevent outside cats from entering, and to be able to let my cats out in the garden.

Speaking of outside, we picked almost a kilo blueberries from the shrub in the garden, and there were still lots left. So I have been eating blueberries constantly.
Outside, there is a lot that needs to be done. So I will be busy with many small and big projects in the few coming months. Hence I may not be able to start working the jungle land yet. Well well, at least I found a couple of good uses for the bamboo growing there.

No comments:

Post a Comment