Monday, July 17, 2017

Hooray for Posts!

I don't know how or why but it seems the post managed to get my posts (heh) to me one week ahead of the delayed expected time. So I actually get to mark the jungle like I originally had planned.
I took 8 of the posts plus my mighty war hammer and a tiny saw and packed it all on my new bicycle and went to the forest plot. 5 minutes walk and I was surrounded by green.
This is where I enter the forest. The grass field is my neighbor's
None of my neighbors showed up during the time so I didn't get the chance to introduce myself yet. On the other hand, being alone I could just get on with what I wanted to do. I would say undisturbed but that would be a lie.
This is my bamboo plot. It is clearly distinguished with its untidiness.
And here is its other side, along the "road". Looots of bamboo to go around.
I think all the mosquitoes in Chiba had been invited there to a party right at that time. A big party with all you can eat feast. The problem was I was the main dish. These were not your ordinary town bugs but giant beasts with no fear and no matter how much I waved and ran around more and more of them kept coming at me (it was actually good that my neighbors were not there, or I would have looked like a total idiot running around and waving and swearing)
After 10 minutes or so I just gave up and tried to finish what I had come for and get out of there as soon as I could.
I just say wow
Amazingly almost all of the red painted markers were still intact. And I could put my green posts near them. I made sure though to allow at least 20-30 cm between the markers and my posts as margin just in case my neighbors thought the markers were unfair or something.
One of my 2m posts. Huge improvement compared to red grass, yet dwarfed by the surroundings.
After the posts were installed, I went into the bamboo grove to harvest me some wood. I needed 3 long poles, almost 3 meters long, with almost same radius at both ends (4 cm) and after a bit of searching I found a couple of young ones to cut down. The rest were either too thick or with very narrow endings.
Here is my other plot with a recently installed post. Much less bambooey
"road side" of the same plot. It extends from the post till just next to the tall tree on the left.
With all that done, I loaded the poles on my bike and could hurry home away from the bugs that were eating me.
One of the friendlier bugs came to say hi
And here is the result. She was happy and could hand our big laundry on them without problem, yeah!
Took this before I wiped the poles. They are still covered with jungle...

No comments:

Post a Comment