Monday, July 10, 2017

Garden plans 2

OK, so I really suck at drawing

The second part is fencing in the propertah to show my authoritah.
This part is divided into several sub-parts, hopefully best explained using the above map.
All the pink, purple and light grey areas belong to others.
Mine is the dark green area, marking the garden and areas that are 1-3 meters above the "ground". Mine is also the puke green area, marking ground level. The blue is the two car long carport, and the black box is the house. The red box is the big shed we got when we bought the house. The neighbor has also their own smaller shed, colored grey. They are almost back-to-back, except for the 1 meter tall fence that divides our houses. That fence starts at the sheds and goes down and turns right, so that our carport has also that fence.

OK, so what parts are there to the fence?

1 - Starting from top, as mentioned earlier, there is already fence (2-3m tall) all the way, between the purple land above and us. The only issue may be the 5-10cm gap at the bottom in some places as the fence is not touching the ground. I probably have to cover the lower gaps with small 100yen shop fencing to stop animals from passing.
2 - moving clockwise, we come to a sudden drop to the neighbor's land. This drop continues for maybe 5-6 meters. The only thing really keeping the land to slide is three big old tree trunks. Of course, not safe enough and I need to retain it. First I was thinking bamboo, but I think concrete wall is better.
3 - The drop eases up and the ground gets more solid, and eventually the neighbor's land and my garden reach the same level. That part should be just fenced in. I am thinking posts and netting to keep things cheap and more natural... I may change my mind though. The fencing/posts should start from where the ground is solid enough to support them, not necessarily where the two properties are same level. This should make the "2" retainer shorter.
4 - A small maybe 1-2 meters long section net or fencing will be needed to connect "3" to "???"
??? - For this part, I have really no idea. But I am guessing either a gate or something similar, to show that "here the carport ends, and here starts the house and garden. To enter, you may first ring the bell" or something of that nature. Still thinking though. Whatever it is, it has to probably wait until the house has been repainted. The purpose of this section/gate is also to exclude the carport and one side of the house from fencing. The house will practically act as part of the property fence.
Z - Finally, this is the place where the zombie cat comes in at nights and looks for trouble. I shall use netting and posts to follow the slope, also using the already existing fencing on top. And I should also include the shed in the netting, probably hang the netting from the balcony corner. This is to prevent animals who climb on top of the shed to get in. Also the bottom of the shed should be tightened with bricks.

I think for "???" I may need to ask for professional help. Also for the retainer part. The rest I can do myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment